Eggs are labeled as being high in cholesterol, then came the salmonella scare. But eggs are handy nutritional and here’s why…
1. At around 70 calories apiece, they’re a fantastic source of low-calorie protein.
2. Starting the day with an egg may help you lose weight. US researchers found that when they compared two groups who ate the same number of calories for breakfast – one group ate eggs, while the other group enjoyed bagels – the egg eaters lost twice as much weight, had more energy and an 83% greater reduction in their waistline than the bagel eaters.
3. They may help protect your eyes against macular degeneration and cataracts thanks to the nutrient lutein, present in egg yolk.
4. Apart from raw liver, egg yolks are the richest source of the nutrient choline, which is vital for brain function and liver health.
5. And last but not least… eggs are cheap, versatile, easy to cook and delicious!
The eggs factor :
The egg/cholesterol myth has finally been dispelled; scientists have found that eggs don't raise cholesterol levels. In fact, eating two a day on a calorie-controlled diet can help you lose weight, which is why you'll enjoy our egg recipes all the more.
Labels: Healthy Eating